Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Becoming Twiggy was the Biggest change of them all.

Creating the transformation of Vince to Twiggy was the biggest undertaking for the characters that are on the cover.  I wanted to start out with how Twiggy, the dwarf fighter was going to look when the friends ended up in the alternate realm. My dad, who Vince and Twiggy are based off of, would have been so proud of how the character turned out on the cover of the book.  He passed away 11 years ago and I miss him more every day.  I just wish that he could have seen what I was able to accomplish with getting the book published. 



But, I also wanted to show Vince as a human transforming into the dwarf Twiggy as they enter the alternate realm as there is a huge size difference between a human male and a dwarf from medieval times. I wanted to make sure the change created a strong statement on the cover and I hope I accomplished that.


The illustrator working with water color allowed for us to work with multiple ideas, which in the end, we decided to have the human man Vince in pencil sketch form and the dwarf Twiggy in full color after the transformation.


I believe the end product turned out amazing.  I could not have asked for more on how the character changes from a human man to a dwarf once they fall into the new realm.  Massive detail went into the creation of Twiggy, even in the weapon he carries as well as the beard that the dwarves are so well known for. I hope you like the transformation as much as I did.


No comments:

Post a Comment