Thursday, November 20, 2014

Going from playing the Game ...... to living the Game!

Everyone who has ever played the game of Dungeons and Dragons, or a similar role playing adventure, has at one point thought what it would be like to actually walk a mile in their character's shoes.  To become that character, for just a while, always fascinated me and played a major part in the writing of my book.

The premise of my book, Escape from Netherworld, is a group of friends decide that they want to dress up as their characters that they created and play outdoors instead of around a table.  As they are playing the game on a set of caves near their home, one of the caves gives way.  The friends believe they are falling to their deaths but they are actually being catapulted into an alternate realm, where they actually become the characters that they were playing.  The ones dressed as elves and a dwarf have literally become just that.  All the weapons and armor are now real and so is the magic.




As a kid, my brother and I always imagined living in medieval times.  Trying to decide if we would have fought for the king who ruled the land or went against him as hired henchmen who lived off the land and fought for everything that we had.  Walking into a tavern, knowing the townspeople were watching us, not knowing what to expect that night.  Living in dangerous times, but much simpler times, without all the technology that rules our world today.

I hope you continue to follow along with me on my adventure.  I am expecting to have my book trailer up on YouTube soon. I an just finishing the final touches, a very fun project, being able to bring my book and some the characters to life in video.  Keep an eye out for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment