Friday, December 19, 2014

R.A. Salvatore inspired me to become a Writer!

I have been reading sci-fi/fantasy novels since I was a kid. I have basically read everything written about Star Wars and almost every novel that has come from TSR/Wizards of the Coast involving multiple realms.  I am a huge fan of some of the authors involved and a few have written for both series, but the one that has stood out for me has to be R.A. Salvatore.

I have read everything R.A. Salvatore has written that I could find, including a novel that involved Tarzan.  What fascinated me about his writing is his incredibly detailed fight scenes and how you feel that you have a seat in the stands watching the battle as it takes place.  He brings you into his world and sometimes makes you want to become part of it. 



His main character, Drizzt Do'Urden, has been a favorite fighter of mine through a number of trilogies and series, and has continued to grow into a legend in the world of fantasy as has R.A. Salvatore himself.

As I continued to read trilogy after trilogy, I realized that the fighting scenes that were in my head, needed to be put down on paper.  This is how I became a writer.  I had wanted to write a series of my own for a good while and decided that, at the age of 40, this was something I was missing and needed to accomplish in my life.  So my first book, Escape from Netherworld, was created and i am busy at work on the 2nd and 3rd book in the series.  Writing has become a huge part of my life and I need to thank R.A. Salvatore for inspiring me to make my dream into a reality.

No comments:

Post a Comment