Monday, December 29, 2014

Escape from Netherworld now in Stores!!!

During the Holidays, I stopped at my local Barnes and Noble store, looking for some gifts for family and friends.  I had been waiting on a response from their corporate offices about my book, Escape from Netherworld, to see if and when they would be putting my book on the shelf in the stores. Since this was my first book as an author, I was told it may only be online until sales figures and reviews would help decide what they do.  So to my surprise when I walked in.....


....it was already on their shelf in the science fiction/fantasy section.  It truly felt good to see my hard work start to pay off and a really good feeling seeing it on the shelf for the first time.  I ended up speaking to the manager and found out that Barnes and Noble had agreed to start putting my book in the local stores in my area, which is Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.

He asked if I would autograph the copies in the store and I spoke to another employee who wants to set up book signings at several locations when things start to settle down after the holidays.  I was still kind of shocked that I saw the book on the shelf, hoping that i was not just dreaming.  I won't lie, I felt proud to accomplish this stage in the process.  The next step is for me to get Barnes and Noble to agree to put the book on their shelves nationally.  Hopefully, I will be blogging another post soon with more good news from Barnes and Noble.  

No comments:

Post a Comment