Friday, October 9, 2015

Wil Wheaton is an Inspiration to Many

Thinking back to my childhood, one of my favorite movies that my family watched over and over was Stand by Me. We also watched all the Star Trek series through the years.  One of my favorite collectibles I still have from when I was young is a set of walkie-talkies from the original Star Trek series.  They are in amazing condition and actually still work.  Now, over the last number of years, my favorite series on TV is The Big Bang Theory. The one thing that all of these have in common is that Wil Wheaton was a part of all of them.

Wil Wheaton has been a big inspiration to me over the years.  Not only is he an actor, but he is also a gamer, and as everyone knows,  likes to blog and tweet.  We are close to the same age and grew up with the same shows, movies and video games.  Two of the biggest things that I admire is that he is a writer and his motivation in life.  There are a lot of actors that just do their job and go home.  The reason I was inspired by Mr. Wheaton is that he was not satisfied doing one job and calling it a day.

I strive to have just a portion of the motivation that he has demonstrated.  I have an everyday 9-5 job, run a sportscards and collectibles store online and I had my first book published this past year.


I am in the process of writing the second book in the series (working title for the series as of now is The Netherworld Trilogy).  I entered three book contests and won an Honorable Mention at the 2015 Hollywood Book Festival and Two Bronze Medals in the Epic Fantasy Category at the 2015 IPPY Awards and the 2015 Readers' Favorite Awards.



Using the Motivation and Dedication that I saw Wil Wheaton have in everything he does inspired me to continue with everything I was trying to accomplish even when times were tough with family health issues and financial shortfalls.  I have continued to have a positive attitude over the last several years and I will not stop until I reach my goals that I put forth for myself.

One idea that I am excited about is looking into possibly investigating to see if my book and the continued series would fit the mold that Hollywood would deem worthy of making into a movie someday.  I know those are big dreams but if you don't set your goals high, you will never get to where you want to be. This is why Wil Wheaton has been a big inspiration to me.  He did not stop at being an actor, he continued to branch out and accomplish many more things in different fields.

I just hope to one day be able to look back on this journey and say to myself, I was able to accomplish my dreams because I never gave up on them even when times were tough, and someone like Wil Wheaton  inspired me to give it my all.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment